Sunday, February 11, 2007

Vector SP 1


Can't imagine me with a gun? Here I am with Vector SP 1:-). That picture was taken during our practice and there is great responsibility in handling weapons as it involves lives. Being a leftie, i found it a little difficult or slow in following instructions in switching hands etc..A few others and I had to do push-ups as punishment for failing to strictly follow orders. I was talking to a police officer and he said that he was literally walloped by his officer while training for pointing the gun the wrong way. Btw, i was punishd 4 looking at the gun 4 a few seconds when askd 2 put it down. I didn't do it on purpose, i jst felt a voice in a distance after being deafened briefly by the bullet explosion. However, to a large extent, i do agree with physical punishment in weapon training coz it tames the mind to remember, & when live bullets and lives r involved, u can't afford to take chances. The weight of the gun caused my feeble hand to shiver, but i passed the test nonetheless, and for that at least, I am satisfied.

0 comments :