Sunday, February 11, 2007

An Unforgettable Night


The senior officer in the force requested us, the Indian community of 5 to put up an Indian performance on the Mes Night, and so we had to. Innitially, 2 the girl on my right, Shan, an Jacob, on my left were supposed to sing while Thila & Alan (the tallest) were to dance to our song, in 2 days' practice. Before practice, in the karaoke lounge, i sang Edelweiss just for fun, and to my surprise, received many compliments, and was encouraged to sing the Tamil song. On the Mes Night, Jacob had a terrible soar throat an completely lost his voice. This left Shan and I to a duet. I never really thought much of my voice, and I have never sang a tamil song in a duet in public before, but decided to go for it for the experience. Thila and Alan danced with so much flexibility and energy, just like the hero and heroine in a tamil movie, to the fast beat song called 'Kathal Pisase'. Jacob became our technician..in his whispers..he he.. My university friends must be really shocked to hear this as they never heard me speak a word of tamil, and here am I singing a hot tamil song on stage, ha ha:-P. I think it would not be too much to say that the vibrant dance was the most entertaining performance that night, to the extent of the VIP getting up and shaking hands with us right after our performance! We were really worried about making a fool of ourselves, but thank God, all went well.

0 comments :