Sunday, February 11, 2007

Symbols of Honour


I never knew that the buttons on the police uniform were not sewn but had to be self assembled, nor that the marching shoes were embedded with studs at the sole. It's a must to wear the uniform completely and correctly. It was amazing; the amount of progress my platoon made with 2 hours under the sun! Innitially, we were like scattered sheep but managed to march in unison, to say the least and listen to commands:-) I made some mistakes here and there but the commander corrected me gently and with respect, to my surprise and gratitude. I thought I would be embarassed in public, being in the front row, knowing my own weaknesses in marching, but there was kindness:-). I know that in the army, i must brace myself up 4 'torture', but let me enjoy the police force while I can. I admire the police officers' discipline and am priviledged to experience it for a week.I feel honoured 2 hv d opportunity 2 wear the police uniform in the Royal Malaysian Police College! My uniform is oversized, though:-( Lectures r informative n entertaining:-). There's nothing more refreshing to a thirsty mind than an excellent speech. The top officers just hv that X-factor.

0 comments :